my glowy recipe

forgive me for not writing anything this past week. i've been sick again.. and then the kids fell sick again.. oh.. i wish it will start raining soon here or else we will be scorching in heat. oh well. actually i've been asked to write about this a while ago, but i didn't have time to write back then so here i am.. (edit: and i'm so sorry again for postponing this post for sooooo looonnnggg... i've been sick again and my daughter got hospitalized and i had to tend to her, so i couldn't blog).

every women dreams to have the flawless skin.. poreless, dewy but not oily, glowing in particular.. but it's almost impossible. many reach to makeup to achieve that glow.. but some believe in skincare more. that flawless skin will give you the best canvas to draw your makeup better. well, i do believe in skincare. i think taking care of your skin is the most important thing. and then you can reach for makeup for extra trick to cover up little things like acne and dark spots. but not cover all my flaws completely. i still like my sunspots to peek on my face. and i'm glad that i've found out that people behind glossier (you can head to their website here) share the same value as i do. i'm glad they believe that beauty should be imperfect and personal. they believe that the beauty products are supposed to enhance what you already have, not cover everything up. in fact, after heading to their website, i'm hoping i could try some of their products.

and no, i'm no expert and i don't achieve that perfect glow that i want, but i'm hoping i'm getting there. but i will share with you my go-to items to achieve that glow that i need, both from skincare and makeup. so, without further ado, let's start with skincare first..

so, i have several favorites in my skincare stash. mostly to conquer emergencies in skin problems.
1. innisfree soybean energy essence: well, i do like this one. this is one of the dupe from the famous SK II essence. it gives my skin enough moisture, and after using it for some time, it helps with my skin texture and of course, give my skin a little bit glow.
2. the face shop jeju volcanic lava clay mousse pack: this one is my new favorite. the previous clay mask that i had is from innisfree and i like it too, but it dries quickly in the tub. okay, back to the clay mask. it helps me with my sebum problems, and it dries my acne quicker too. as for pores, it doesn't help that much, but cleaning your skin correctly is important for your pores.
3. nature republic super aqua max combination watery cream: another thing important for your skin is moisturize your skin. no matter what skin type, you have to moisturize. as for me, i usually had oily combination skin, more toward oily, but lately, it has become normal combination.. more to normal. i have to say thanks to this cream, it gives me enough moisture but not making me greasy.
4. cosrx BHA liquid power: this is my new found love too. and i have found out lately that if i have new acnes popping out, and i use this, it will make my acnes dry quicker.
5. sulwhasoo overnight vitalizing mask: this one is a keeper. it gives my skin enough moisture that it need without overdoing it. the morning after it will make my skin a little bit glowy.. healthy. the problem about this one is the price. it's a little bit overprice so i will just keeping buying samples for now.
my skincare savior (the innisfree soybean energy essence's not pictured above)

unfortunately, i haven't found anything that helps me with the acne scars, sooo.. let's move on to makeup department.
1. my beauty story cc cream: i have redness on my cheek that i have to cover, but lately i've been too lazy or didn't have the time to put foundation or bb cream, so this one is my favorite. it covers the redness on my skin, but unfortunately, very sheer to no coverage, so i can see my spots and scars. as for the finish, it gives dewy finishes, slightly oily on humid days, but a dab of powder can help. but i intend to find something better in this cc cream department.
2. my beauty story lip & cheek: i usually lazy to put on blush since i have to use brush, but since i found this one, blush application is easy. i just use my finger to apply it and then put powder on to set it. it will give enough color to my pale complexion.

makeup essential
lip & cheek
my trusty cc cream for now
okay.. that's it. i know it's pretty simple, but it's okay for my skin. although i'm still looking for spot treatment for acne and acne scars.. well, if you know a good one, let me know.. i might try it if i can get it (really.. being in indonesia is pretty suck sometimes.. i can't buy imported goods easily and finding an online seller isn't easy sometimes). oh and do please share your beauty arsenals for your glowing skin.. and if you've tried products from glossier, please do share your experience as well.. i'd like to hear them.

0 Comments