biore uv aqua rich watery gel SPF 50+PA++++

my husband bought me this sunscreen when he first travelled to japan. i didn't realize that there are two types, the watery gel and watery essence. i thought they were the same just different packaging. so since he went to small city, he could only found the gel one, so he bought me that. and then i realized that i was wrong, so when we back to japan later, i bought the essence and the cool watery gel (it was summer when we were there). this sunscreen got a lot of hype that makes me curious. i just had to proof it myself.

this is the description from kao singapore website: contains unique aqua micro capsules with UV block ingredient to provide superior SPF 50+/PA++++ protection while keeping skin cool and refreshed. it is enriched with hyaluronic acid and citrus essence to hydrate and soften skin. its water-based texture spreads easily and get adsorbed easily without a white cast. suitable to be used on face and body.

back when i didn't know anything about korean or japan skincare, i used biore sunblock before. there are several types of them, being tinted and has brightening effect and stuff. but i didn't like it since mostly they make my t-zone oily faster. and it will mess with my makeup. so i didn't like using sunscreen but i forced myself to use one. yes, although i didn't like it, i still use them, but sporadically. and now, i am hoping that this sunscreen will change my opinion and change my habit too. FYI, i used up my previous etude sunscreen which is a record since i usually tossed my sunscreen before finishing it because it changed color or it hit expiry date.

the packaging: it comes in a blue plastic bottle with a white screw cap, packaged like a toothbrush packaging, if you know what i mean. all texts are in japanese. when you open the cap, you can see the spout to dispense the product. this is my first upstanding sunscreen, since mostly comes in a squeeze tube and the cap is on the bottom so i can squirt the product out immediately. while this one, since it's upstanding, i have to turn it upside down before squirting the product out.

the scent: yes, i can smell the citrus scent, but fear not, it's very subtle. nice. i like sunscreen that doesn't smell like sunscreen.

the product: it's a white pearlescent cream, quite watery in consistency. if i put it on my hand and then put my hand upright, it will drip down slightly. that's why it's easy to spread on my face. it's also quick to be absorbed.

the product: once it's absorbed, it doesn't leave white cast. and no sticky feeling afterwards too. for me, it gives me semi-matte finish. and it doesn't mess with my makeup. so i have to say it works well as base makeup. as for the protective property, i can't say much. all i can say that as long as i've been using it, i don't get sunburn.

although it's a nice sunscreen, i think it might be oily for oily skin. and i have to remind you that this is a non waterproof sunscreen, which means it's also not sweatproof either. but i like it. it's perfect for daily use. somehow i like it better than missha for no obvious reason. i haven't tried the essence yet, and when i do, i will review the comparison too. if you want to try it, let me remind you that the japanese always reformulate every three year, and this year (2017) i read somewhere that they release a new version of this sunscreen. it comes in darker blue bottle than this one. so perhaps you might want keep that in mind. price wise, it's cheap! so grab a bottle or two without feeling guilty.

the packaging
the bottle



left: the spout
right: sunscreen on my hand 

0 Comments