peter thomas roth meet your mask set - cucumber gel mask

this is another piece from 6 piece mask set from peter thomas roth holiday set which hubby got me when he went to penang last year. he was grumpy since it was pretty expensive, but since he felt bad for me, he got it anyway. anyway, this is the third one that i tried and so far, the score is even. one is great, one is disappointing for me. so let's see about this one. (if you're wondering about the rose one, you can read it here)

this is the description from their website: this ultra gentle gel helps soothe, hydrate, and detoxify the look of dry, irritated skin with botanical extracts of cucumber, papaya, chamomile, pineapple, sugar maple, sugarcane, orange, lemon, bilberry and aloe vera. excellent for helping to calm and soothe the skin's appearance after sun exposure, peels, waxing, facials and extractions.

the packaging: since it's a 6 piece set, each mask comes in tiny tube, and it has color according to each type. for cucumber, it's green. and it's see-through so i can see the remaining mask inside. and i like how they seal the opening, just like korean, even though this is just a sample size.

the scent: okay, it doesn't smell like cucumber. i think it smells fragrant, floral perhaps, but subtle and dissipates when the mask is being applied on my face.

the product: the mask is a greenish transparent gel. and the texture is definitely like jelly. wiggly jelly. and it's easy to spread. but you have to apply it thick or it will dry out quickly. it's not sticky like freeman peeling gel. and the cooling effect is immediately upon applying. since it's gel, it takes more than the mud mask for one face, so i finish this quicker than the mud mask. about 4 times full face, but since sometimes i use it on my other part beside t-zone, then i get more uses than 4.

the result: there are two ways to use this mask, as wash off mask you have to apply this mask thickly and then wait for 5-10 minutes before washing it off. as sleeping pack, you apply it thinly and then leave it overnight and wash it the next morning. i only try this as wash off mask since i can't imagine myself putting this mask on my face overnight. although it's not as sticky as the rose one, but still.. i bet it will stick on my pillow case if i use this overnight. as wash off mask, it works well. i use it for about 40 minutes before washing it off, and it moisturise my skin moderately. it's soothing alright, and i think it slightly brighten my face. it also detox my skin. at first, i don't experience purging, but after a while and i start using it again, i get this one blemish on my nose.

honestly, i like this better than the rose one. it's hydrating and soothing my face. and it isn't as sticky as the rose one, so i think you can use it as sleeping pack easily. as for me, i like to use it as wash off. it's easy to slather and wash off. and i like how it soothe my face. overall, this is a win for me. but considering the price, i won't buy the full size. but if you want to splurge, then go for it. it works!
the individual tube, cucumber is green

left: before
middle: mask on face (trust me, if you look closely in the mirror, you can see the green tinge)
right: after

0 Comments