the body shop lip and cheek stain in dark cherry

it was my birthday and since i have membership in the body shop, i got discount for buying anything in my birthday month. so since my sister already bought me the rice and acai masks, i only left with honey and himalayan charcoal. since i have too many clay masks already, so it's honey mask that i bought. then i checked my points, and turned out it was enough to redeem their lip and cheek stain. i've wanted to try it for forever, but i have too many lip products in my drawer that i think i will be crazy to buy another one. but since this one is for free, i decided to get this one as my prize. i didn't know what shade to get, so i trust the BA to pick one for me. and she picked dark cherry.

this is the description from their website: this dual purpose liquid stain gives lips and cheeks a natural pop of buildable color. use under lip gloss for a show-stopping pout and dab onto cheeks for a natural looking rosy glow.

the packaging: turns out they renewed the packaging and add few more colors. the old version is in white plastic tube, like lip gloss with only one or two shades, if i'm not mistaken. the new one comes in a black plastic tube, shorter than usual lip gloss, with the wand attached to the cap. the applicator is slanted flat, wide enough to dab the product on my lip and cheeks. the body is covered with label. they put color label too so you can figure out which color to pic. the problem is, they have several reds which looks very similar to one another, so it's quite confusing.

the scent: i don't think it has certain scent, but when i accidentally lick it, it tastes nice.

the product: it's slightly thicker than usual water tint, although they have one or two shades that can be categorized as water tint. and being tint, it will leave stain on your cheek and lips, even though you eat or drink it won't budge. it's not drying on my lips, but i still use lip balm sometimes. but it's easy to remove with oil cleanser. i like how i can use this with my bare fingers or with brush. when i was travelling to hong kong and japan, this is the only blush that i brought and it stayed all day. it doesn't transfer either, which is good for me since i have little kids to take care of. mine is dark cherry, which is actually a slightly cool-toned red, quite bright, unlike my usual pick, but it suits me just fine.

the result: i thought it's opaque, but after blending it, it gives rosy flush to my cheeks that look natural. sheer but buildable. as blush, i have no complaint. but as lip tint, it is tricky to use. i still haven't found a way to use it as lip tint. it bleeds and makes me look like vampire. but i learn a way to make it work. i usually put on a nude lip cream first then dab this lip tint on my inner lips to make a gradient lips. and smudge it with my finger to remove the bleed.

overall, i'm quite satisfy of my decision to pick this product as my reward. have you tried this lip and cheek stain? if you have, what's your favorite shades?
the packaging

left: the wand
top right: swatch on hand
bottom right: after blending (not entirely blended since i take too long to take the picture)

on my cheek

on my lips

0 Comments