beauty creations 12 pcs royal rose brush set

my husband was away for 10 days, leaving me with 3 kids without any maid. i do have a nanny to help me, but my house is pretty big, and two adults versus 3 very active kids is not a good balance. so my husband was being considerate. he gave me some money so i can buy some treats when he was away when i got stressed out with the kids. so, i decided to get a little gifts for everyone (well, almost everyone.. the money wasn't enough to buy my brother a gift, hahaha.. ) i got my both my sisters a brush set and a blush/bronzer/highlighter palette, a batik shirt for my husband and my brother in law, then a little treat for myself. i always wanted to have a full set of brush. i do have a eye brush set, but i don't have any face brush set. i wanted to get BH cosmetics one, but considering that my eye brush set from BH cosmetic is a hit and miss, i didn't want to experience the same thing. then there's morphe brush set. there are a lot of options, and more expensive ones, but i don't quite like the sets of brushes that they offering.

most of the brush set had flat foundation which i already had, and i didn't use it much. in fact, i even used it as a mask brush now, so i didn't want to get another set with a brush that i wouldn't use. so i had several options, but nothing really attracts me. then i saw several online shop putting advertising on beauty creations brush set. i've just bought an eyeshadow palette from beauty creations and i liked it, so i thought they must make good brushes with such a good price too. but there's no information on this brush set whatsoever. i didn't know what's in the set, what brushes are in the set, and no review either. so it took me a couple of days before deciding buying this brush set over BH cosmetics or morphe. and i got the 12 pieces one instead of 10 pieces one because the price difference is really close, so i think why not get the 12 pieces one if i have to pay only 5000 rupiah more? so here i am, playing with my new brush set and i will review it for you.
the cosmetic bag
(notice the white band? it's made of paper that you can remove)
the packaging: it comes in a cosmetic bag. it is pink, and it's suitable considering the theme, which is royal rose. it has this paper belt around the bag stating the name of the theme and brand. it is a shame that it's made of paper, since somehow i like the additional belt better around the cosmetic bag. i think it give a nice contrast. without it, it is just a plain pink cosmetic bag. the bag is pretty spacious too.
all the brushes inside
the product and result: this is a 12 brushes in a set, 6 face brushes and 6 eye brushes. all of them have pink handle, rose gold ferrule and dual color brush hair. the root is dark, and it has white tip. i believe all of the brush hair is synthetic. they printed beauty creations' name on the handle, but no name of the brush printed on the handle. i do wish they put name to the brushes because it will be easier for beginner like me to find out which brush is for what. all the brushes don't feel like cheap brush, it feels nice. it's easy to grip and handle, it has soft and nice bristles. i like how i can use every single brush in this set. i will try to decode everything for you.
the face brushes
the eye brushes
- powder brush: it comes with a big fluffy bristles and short handle. the handle is big enough to get a good grip. they even provide plastic cover so the bristles hair is still in shape. and the bristles is soooo soft.. i can touch it all day and be amazed with it. and it's still soft even though i've washed it a couple times since i got them.
the powder brush
- angled blush/contour brush: it's an angled blush brush similar to my elf brush. the difference is this one has softer and less dense bristles so it gives me softer result. but if you have powder blush or contour powder that's less pigmented, you will have to work real hard to make the color shown on you. personally, i like to use this to do my contouring and use my usual elf angled brush to do my blush.
angled blush brush
- pointed foundation brush: this is new for me, i never try a foundation brush like this. i've had a flat foundation brush and it gives me streaky result, so i'm a little bit worried about this brush. this is the first brush that i tried and so far i like it. it works well with my foundation and it doesn't give me streaky result. it gives medium coverage, a little bit more than my ecotools sponge. and since the tip is pointed, i can use it to blend my concealer too. the pointed tip can reach to the sides of my nose without any problem.
pointed foundation brush
- stipple brush: i think this is a stipple brush, but i can't be sure. if i'm wrong, then this might be a small flat top brush. since i use the pointed foundation brush to do my foundation, i usually use this brush to blend cream or liquid blush and it works well. it blends it nicely.
flat top brush
- large blending brush: oh this is my other favorite. this is a small version of flat top brush, but with a dome-shaped top. i usually use my sponge to blend contour cream, and i don't like how sometimes it blends too much that i can barely see the contour cream. so, lately i've been using this brush to blend the contour cream. and although it does take more hard work than the sponge, i like how i can still see the contour cream blended in nicely. i also would use this to blend concealer if i use it as highlighting cream.
large blending brush
- highlighter brush: actually, this is one of the reason i got this set. i always want a highlighter brush. i've been using the angled brush to do my highlighter, and sometimes i think it's not enough. so i almost got myself a single highlighter brush, but i resist and get this set instead. i like how it has tapered end to precisely put my highlighter on top of my cheekbones and the tip of my nose. i've been using this to do my highlight since i got this brush and i super like it.
highlighter brush
- small blending brush: this is the smaller version of the large blending brush. i usually use this to blend my contour cream on my nose since the large one is too big for my nose.
small blending brush
- small shader brush: this is the usual shader brush to pack colors to your lid. the size is smaller and it's not as dense as the BH's small shader brush. it's a bit fluffier than my face shop's shader brush. the size is okay for my small lid. the BH cosmetic eye set has two shader brush, the big one is too big for my lid, while the smaller one is too dense. so i like this one better for packing the color to my lid. not too big, not too dense either.
small shader brush
- eye blending brush: okay, i've been using elf blending brush to put color on my crease, but it's a little bit too flat. somehow i can't seem to use it to its full capacity. this brush is also a flat blending brush like elf one, but fluffier. that's what makes it easier to blend color to my crease. the BH blending brush is also fluffy, but it's round and fluffy and too big for my crease, and it's prickly, while this brush size is perfect for my lid and super soft.
left: blending brush
right: comparison with other blending brush
(from left to right: bodyshop - beauty creations - elf - bh cosmetics)
- pencil brush: ever since i watched tutorial how to put eyeshadow like a pro, pencil brush seems to have important role in my collection. my BH cosmetic set has a pencil brush, but after i wash it couple times, it shreds a bit and now it isn't as soft as it's used to be. and i don't like it. this pencil brush is a little bit fluffier than BH one and it's soft, so i like to use it to put highlight under my brow and my inner corner.
left: pencil brush
right: comparison with bh cosmetics pencil brush
- angled eyeshadow brush: the one from BH cosmetic is a little bit prickly that's why i rarely use it. back then i use the pencil brush to put on darker color to my outer V. but since i have this brush, i use it to put darker color to my outer V and sometime to contour my nose with contour powder. again, i'm amazed how soft the bristles is. and that makes the blending process easier.
left: the angled eyeshadow brush
right: comparison with bh cosmetics angled eyeshadow brush
- angled eyeliner brush: this is the smallest brush from the set. it is an eyeliner brush but has angled tip just like the one from BH cosmetics. the difference is, this one is more dense than BH one, so i can use this to draw my eyebrow with eyebrow powder or eyeshadow better than the BH one.
left: angled eyeliner brush
right: comparison with bh cosmetic
honestly, ever since i got this brush set, i've been playing with them every time i got the chance. i've used it to apply my foundation, to do my eye look and everything else. i like how it seems to blend everything nicely, making my face look flawless. and somehow having a full set of brush makes me feel like a pro. and how pretty it is! pink and rose gold combination makes me feel girly. and i also like how it comes with a cosmetic bag, making it easy for travelling. now, i'm not saying that this one beats the high-end brushes (because i've never tried one), but if you're considering buying an affordable brush set, get this set and you won't regret it. if you think 12 pieces is a bit too much for you, they have 10 pieces set and 6 pieces set. you can pick which one that suits your need and don't need to break your wallet.

2 Comments

  1. what a good review! I'm gonna buy it right after the payday hahahaha. Thank you, it really helps

    ReplyDelete