the face shop honey (moisture) character mask sheet

i've always wanted to try character mask ever since i saw them on instagram. but the prices are higher than normal masks. after all, it's only for single use, so i'm still not willing to pay extra for character only. so, i asked my sis to buy it for me when there was sales in singapore. and my sis bought me three types, and i've tried the cow and pig one, but i haven't taken any notes or taken pictures of the cow one.

this is the description from their canada website: this moisture radiance character mask provides deep moisture and radiance deep into the skin with honey rich in vitamins and minerals. dermatologist tested & formula without 6 additives (sulfate, talc, mineral oil, quarternium, polyacrylamide, paraffin).

the packaging: it comes in regular sachet with the picture of the animal in front of the sachet. for this honey one, it was a pig. english text was available at the back of the sachet.

the scent: let me tell you, it was nowhere near honey. in fact, it was quite fragrant like wet tissue. very deceiving. reading that it was honey will make you think that it was honey scented, aren't you? so i was a little bit disappointed that it was smell like ordinary wet tissue, which most sheet mask had.

the product: the mask itself is a thin one, more like paper since it was a little bit rigid, compared to etude's. and of course it had pig pictured on the mask. without the eye and the mouth part. and that leads us to the fit. the eyes hole were big, bigger than etude's. the mouth hole was big too, and wide cheek area. let's just say that i didn't feel comfortable with the fit. it was quite surprising since most of the korean mask that i've tried fit me well. but this one was way too big. pretty strange since korean are fond of small face. the essence itself was a clear type essence and it was pretty generous, but not too much.

the result: i used this mask around 30 minutes or so. and it was still wet. i couldn't keep it up any longer since i didn't feel comfortable using it. it kept dripping. although i used my daiso mask, but since the fit was quite weird, the daiso mask made it even worse. but i can assure you that it will give you what it was promised to do, which is moisture. it took a long time to dry on my face, and afterwards i can still feel that my face was slightly sticky. even when i washed my face the next morning, i could still feel the sticky feeling before washing my face.

so, i was right to buy this on sale since character masks didn't offer something new. in fact, i didn't enjoy it as much as my ordinary etude or innisfree mask. but if you want to take cute selfie and love cute masks, then try this one. after all, everyone is different, so perhaps my preference isn't the same as yours.
the mask sachet

left: before; middle: mask on my face (see it was wrinkly and weird?); right: my wet face after using this mask

0 Comments