mid 2016 skincare routine

i've just realized that i haven't updated about my routine for a long time. and it has evolved a lot since then. and i'm quite late in updating this, so perhaps in a couple months there will be another changes again. so, let's discuss my current routine for now.

my morning routine (my cleanser is not pictured above)

morning routine:
cleanser: i'm currently trying to finish my cosrx low pH cleanser, but i also have the neutrogena in waiting since i bought it on my previous melbourne trip. plus i have a bunch of other facial foam from my japan haul, so this one will changing a lot. one thing though, i probably will put the cosrx in my facial foam circle, but considering that this one takes forever to finish, i think my husband prefer the etude one than this one. so, probably won't repurchase it in the mean time.

exfoliating toner: this is a new addition to my routine, and right now i'm testing hada labo mild peeling lotion. and i haven't used this long enough to make any conclusion, so we'll just have to wait.

first essence: innisfree soybean energy essence [light]. it's a quarter empty now, but i think it will finish in two or three months since this one is not so hydrating, perhaps because it's very light. i think i will buy the original one or trying goodal one after finishing this one, but perhaps it will be awhile before i'm on buying pace again since i've bought a couple of hydrating toner from my japan trip.

currently i don't use any serum in the morning, but sometimes i use scinic AIO on my cheek and forehead only before using moisturizer since it's quite hydrating and a little bit sticky. but if i wear makeup, i skip it.

moisturizer: currently using the faceshop radiance collagen emulsion and i like it. it is lightweight but still hydrating. it's perfect for hot days, but for rainy days and for night time, it isn't hydrating enough, that's why i will need another cream or sleeping pack for the night.

sunscreen: i'm trying to finish my etude house mild one before trying the famous biore sunscreen that i've bought from japan.

eye cream: currently using my previous secret key snail eye cream. actually this is my second tube. not that it does wonder for me, but it's quite hydrating, lightweight and pretty quick to be absorbed so i can keep eye makeup after using this eye cream. i'm hoping that i can finish this soon so i can try other eye cream that i've bought from japan, but i also think that i might try the other cream on one side and keep using my snail eye cream on the other side, just for comparison.. what do you guys think?

and that's my morning routine. now, we live in indonesia where it's hot and humid that's why i take shower in the afternoon. if i use light makeup in the morning, i cleanse my face using my bifesta cleansing water before taking a nap with my kids and then use my cosrx again when taking a shower.
again, without my cosrx cleanser

first essence: after washing my face, i pat on my innisfree soybean energy essence again.

moisturizer/actives: then i use skin&lab vitamin c cream as moisturizer and actives at the same time. i use it separately since i've tried using it in morning but the moisturizer and the emulsion was too much. and it doesn't work well with my sunscreen as well. that's why i use my vitamin cream in the afternoon.

and then at night, it's the real fun about my routine. depending on the time that i had, considering i have to put two toddlers to bed before i can have a me time and pampering my skin, mostly i have a baseline routine, but sometimes it will varied.
my night routine
the white bottle on the left is the pump bottle that I use to decant the bifesta cleansing water
the pump bottle between my innisfree and cosrx bha liquid power is the bottle where I decant my scenic snail AIO

first cleanser: bifesta cleansing water, to remove the skincare that i've used before.
second cleanser: sometimes i skip this when i'm lazy.. my usual cosrx low ph cleanser.

exfoliating toner: hadalabo mild peeling lotion.
actives: cosrx bha liquid power (i usually use this every two days, but lately i'm trying to use it everyday but on t-zone only)
first essence: innisfree soybean energy essence [light]
serum: scinic snail AIO on my cheek and forehead since my nose and chin will be greasy if i use it on full face.
moisturizer: i usually use skin&lab vitamin a and vitamin e separately, but lately i'm so lazy and just mix them together and slap it on my face.
eye cream: secret key snail eye cream. and sometimes i top it off with kose clear turn q10 eye mask. either everyday or every other day.

if i feel my skin is too dry, i slap on the sleeping pack, either the sulwhasoo overnight vitalizing mask or goodal nature's solution firming sleeping pack. the sulwhasoo that i have is in samples only, so if i opened a sachet, then i will use it for the rest of the week and then change to goodal the other time.
but if i have time, then i will use a sheet mask. and then if it's moisturizing enough, i will skip the sleeping pack.

once a week (i usually do it on saturdays since it helps me to remember) i exfoliate my skin. currently i'm using the famous cure aqua natural gel, and i like it so far. if i exfoliate my skin, i usually skin the hadalabo in the morning, and skip the bha at night. i don't want to over exfoliate my skin. and mid-week, if i remember, i will use another mask, usually a wash-off or a peeling off one. my wash off masks are the face shop clay mousse one and missha firming clay one. but i rarely use the clay mousse since my face isn't as oily as before, so if i use it, i will use it on my t-zone only and then i use the missha on the rest of my face. on other day, i will use my sulwhasoo clarifying mask, which is a peel-off mask. and i don't have the full size either, i only have sample sachet. so one sachet each time.

and that's so far is my usual routine for now. but it might change soon since my innisfree soybean essence is half empty, and my vitamin c is almost empty. both my vitamin a and e are half empty, and i hope my cosrx low ph will finish soon! and i'm still trying to use all my sheet masks and eye masks before giving birth, so this routine will change.. plus i'm intrigued by freeman mask that i saw around in instagram, and i've bought couple of samples... i'm excited to try them.. even though everyone keep saying that they're quite ordinary. do good, but not wow. but still, there's no harm in trying it. now well, what about you guys? do you have a strict routine or do you change your products a lot?

0 Comments