neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser

when i was in melbourne, i didn't bring any cleanser with me since we didn't bring our luggage (you might want to check my other post, about my winter holiday skincare nightmare), so during the first few days i used my sis's cleanser, but she only brought travel size, and i'm afraid it might not be enough for both of us, so i decided to buy one for myself when we went groceries shopping. so it meant no asian beauty goodies, so i decided to pick neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser.

this is the description from their website: fresh foaming cleanser is a cleanser and makeup remover in one. removing makeup before you go to bed has never been easier. this dermatologist-tested formula effectively removes dirt, oil and makeup. it even removes eye makeup without soaps or oils that can sting or irritate the sensitive eye area. no more raccoon eyes! it rinses completely and won't leave any pore-clogging residue. forget the excuses and get refreshingly clean skin and complete makeup removal in one step. soap-free, oil-free, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic.

the packaging: it comes in a blue plastic pump bottle. i've been used to flip top tube for my cleanser that it surprised me that i like pump bottle better for my face wash. oh, and the body is opaque, i can't see the remaining product inside even though i've tried putting it under the sunlight, hoping that's a see-through.

the scent: it has refreshing scent, like marine related. i can only imagine ocean when i smell the scent. and i can say it's quite moderate, not too subtle and not too overpowering.

the product: the cleanser is a pearly white foam. it foams nicely when in contact with water. and even though i didn't have pH test, i can guess that this one doesn't have low pH. i can feel my face squeaky clean after using this, but not too stripping though. one thing to remember, don't use it near your eyes with eyes open, it stings. i didn't bring any makeup remover back then, so once when i was using my eyeliner, i tried to clean it with this cleanser (well, it says that it can removes eye makeup, so worth to try, right?) and although it can cleans really well, but it stings my eye.

overall, this is a decent, your average face cleanser. i have to admit i have some lazy days, when i didn't like using my oil cleanser, and i didn't have my cleansing water back then, so i rely on my face wash to clean my face. and this one will help to clean your face since it's proven to be effective in cleaning eyeliner (haven't tested it for mascara yet). but, if i have another choice, i won't buy this one for no particular reason. i just think that this face wash is too ordinary. plus, face wash is something that i like to rotate quite often, so why stop now?


the bottle 

left: the pump on top
right: the foam on my hand

0 Comments