DIY bb cushion

if you guys read my other blog posts, then you will know that i recently bought a wet n wild foundation and i like it so far. unfortunately, i like using it with my sponge. but using sponge for daily makeup is too much. i needs more time and time i don't have. but it's such a waste not to use the foundation and i love my cushion so much. so i remembered there's a tutorial about making your own bb cushion. unfortunately, i can't get an empty cushion, but i do have unused cushion, my previous innisfree cushion. so, i look up for how to make a bb cushion using your previous cushion and i found it!

so, if you didn't know, here's the step:
1. wash your sponge and entire container. yep. you can wash that sponge. i use my daiso puff cleanser and soak it overnight, rinse it a couple times before getting rid all of the bb cream in the cushion sponge. don't forget to sanitize the empty container with alcohol rub. and air dry everything.
2. make your own formula.
the combination is usually consist of foundation, moisturizer and sunscreen. if you want more skincare properties, use 1:1:1 ratio. but if you want more coverage, then up the foundation ratio. you can also add serum to boost the skincare property. now, usually sunscreen will brighten the foundation shade, so it's up to you whether to add it or not. after all, i believe you've already known that using separate sunscreen is wiser.
3. once you're happy with that mixture, fill 2/3 the container with that mixture, and mix well.
4. soak the already-dried cushion sponge into the container and leave it upside down overnight.
5. the next morning, if the cushion doesn't get soaked by the mixture, you can simply push the sponge to get it out. and there you have it.
the component of my DIY bb cushion
now, here's my way. i use foundation, sunscreen, and.... a serum! i mistakenly use a serum instead of a moisturizer. luckily, my daiso serum is quite runny and not sticky at all, so it doesn't jeopardize the mixture. at first i use 1:1:1 ratio, but it is too sheer so i add more foundation until i'm happy with the coverage. and the sunscreen doesn't lighten my foundation up. but, the end result is brighter than my usual cushion shade, which is 21. but somehow it matches my skin well. oh well, i don't know if i'm getting brighter or else. all i can say i'm quite happy with this DIY cushion since i get to use my foundation with bb cushion method. remember though, since this is DIY, use it quickly. it doesn't have the preservatives included in the original bb cushion, so you might want to use it as quickly as possible. do you make your own bb cushion? tell me your favorite combination..

all soaked up!

me using my DIY cushion (do you think it's too bright or not?)

0 Comments