wet n wild megaglo dual ended contour stick in light/medium

i was planning to do my own makeup for my sister's engagement party, so i decided to hunt for new foundation. i also wanted to try contour cream, since a lot of tutorials that i watched on youtube mostly use contour cream. i want to see the difference with my contour powder. i also want to get another highlighter, but after watching all the swatches, i decided that pass on the greatly-raved megaglo highlighter. i was afraid that the famous precious petal is too dark for me. so i decided to skip it and just bought the foundation and the dual end contour stick.

again, at first i thought the dual ended one is better option since it's like having two products in one. but i was hesitating mid way. most tutorials use concealer to highlight the face and use contour cream to contour. i was thinking perhaps i should just buy the contour cream. they have separate contour cream from the same megaglo line. they have 3 different shades, but i can't decide which is the appropriate shade for me, so i changed my mind and get the dual ended one.

this is the description from their website: contouring made easy and portable! this amazing highlighting and contouring stick is dual-ended for precise application to easily enhance your features. the contouring shade helps define and chisel while the highlighter illuminates your best features.

the packaging: it comes in a box. the box has description with picture and instruction about how to use the product. the stick itself is similar to nyx's which has launched their product earlier. way earlier than wet n wild. it has contour stick to one end, and the other has the highlighter stick. each one has transparent plastic cap so you can see which end has what. although they also put name on the neck of each end. all you have to do is twist the end to get the stick out. the contour stick has round tip, while the highlighter has tapered tip. i don't know why it has different tip. will it help the application? i don't really know.

the box
notice the graphic illustration that give suggestion
on how to contour and highlight
the color: the highlighter is matte white cream, it doesn't have any shimmer or glitter. it's lighter than my skintone, which is perfect for highlighting, but somehow it doesn't work well on my under eyes area. so i think i'll stick to concealer for my under eyes. as the contour stick, it is medium brown, slightly warmer than i was hoping for. so i have to be careful. if i applied too much, i will end up looking muddy. but it's okay so far.. it warms up my pale face without looking too orange. my catrice contour powder is cooler.

mine is light/medium shade
the product: both are creamy. it's easy drawing the lines on my face without difficulty. although i think the highlighter is slightly drier than the contour stick. both can be blend easily too. too easy i think. sometimes i have to re-do my nose contouring because it disappears after blending it. the round tip is also too big for me to draw thin line on my nose's side. but i can manage sometimes if i was too lazy to grab a brush.

top: the dual sided, there's a text informing which side is contour and which is highlight
bottom: contour tip (round) and highlight tip (pointed)
the result: both works well, blends nicely. i can blend it well using my sponge. i've tried using air puff, and although i can blend my contour stick, i have difficulty blending the highlighting cream.  on my face edges, the contour cream can gives the contouring effect that i need from one drawing, but on my nose, sometimes i have to apply it twice because i blend it too much that it disappears.

left: swatch of the stick on my arm
right: the comparison between the stick and the powder
(notice the contour powder is cooler and the highlight stick is not shimmery)
this is a good product. for the price and the practicality. i can bring it with me everywhere i go. i can blend it with my bare finger, my sponge or my air puff (although it's slightly more difficult, but i can manage). but lately, i've been reaching my concealer to highlight, and not touching the highlight stick. which make my purchase slightly useless. somehow it slightly confirms what i originally thought before buying it, that i only need the contour stick and not the highlighting stick. will i recommend? if you're looking for contour/highlight product for travelling and on budget, then yes, grab one. but i don't think it's suitable for everyone since there are only two shades available, light/medium and medium/deep. if you have problem with dark under eyes, and need concealer, then perhaps you should just buy one contour stick and use concealer for highlighting, so don't buy this product. it will be a waste since you will only use the contour side and not the highlighting side. anyway, whether to buy or not, it's really up to you, it's not that pricey anyway.






0 Comments