my 5 minute makeup routine

happy new year everyone! i didn't make any resolutions, mostly because i think it sounds cheesy, but since i'm doing bullet journaling, i'm starting to put short term goals in my bullet journal. i wanted to keep being motivated even though i'm living in a quite routine life. most of my days usually circled around my kids, and they don't have many activities yet, so my days are pretty boring. lately my skin is behaving well so i started to play with makeup more. my sister has a big day coming up so i'm also practicing my makeup skill in anticipation of having to do my own makeup on her big day. i've been reading lots of blogger, beauty and makeup reviews, watching lots of makeup tutorials. i've also bought several more makeup (oh well, perhaps more than i should have), and i've been playing with them and i like it. as the kids grow up, i also have several time in the morning to do my makeup. on my hectic days, i still go out bare face in the morning. but when i have spare time, i will put quick makeup and somehow it will make my day brighter. suddenly i will feel prettier. oh well,.. perhaps that's just the hormone speaking (please not that i'm still on pill).

so, i guess no other person is eligible to tell you the 5 minute makeup routine other than moms. and trust me, being a mom of 3 will train you to put on your makeup as quickly as possible. i guess i'm entitled to describe it to you after several months doing it. although i don't time myself putting on my makeup, but i bet if i do full makeup, it will still under 30 minutes. so on super short routine on daily basis, i bet i can make it in 5 minutes.

my quicky makeup menu (forgot to include the eyeliner and contour set here)
base makeup: i only have one foundation at this time, and using it everyday is impossible. i've been used to the practicality of bb cushion and powder foundation, so on daily basis, i still stick to those. although recently i bought a set of makeup brushes that helps me put my makeup faster and better, i still think it's excessive to put on foundation daily. right now, i'm having missha bb cushion (the line version, i got the brown one) and maybelline powder foundation as my base makeup. i will use the cushion with the air puff and use flat top brush or my elf powder brush to put on the powder foundation.

setting powder: bb cushion is highly known for their dewy finish. i have combination skin and am currently living in a tropical country so it gets hot and humid here, therefore i need to put powder especially on my t-zone to make the bb last longer and put the oiliness at bay. right now i'm testing canmake marshmallow pressed powder (although sometimes i think this is a powder foundation that i can use on its own) and i've been using it with my beauty creations powder brush. when i'm super duper lazy, i will use it on its own with the puff that it comes with. i will skip the powder if i'm using powder foundation.

blush, contour, highlight:
- blush: the fastest option is obviously powder blush. right now i'm testing essence matte blush, but the rosy color isn't the best for everyday use, so i use catrice matte eyeshadow in peachahontas which is a peach color as my blush. i also often reach for canmake cream cheek color as it's another peach color that fits me most of the time and i can use it with just my finger.
- contour: i use the contour shade from my catrice contour set and i'm trying to hit the pan before purchasing anything else.
- highlight: right now i'm rotating between elf baked highlighter in moonlight pearl, kiko water eyeshadow in #200 and #208. three of them are okay for daily use, although i will use #208 light-handed because the gold tone is quite strong for my fair skin.

brow: currently using the powder from my k palette 3 in 1 brow pencil since i'm running out the pencil but the powder is still a lot so i'm trying to use it up. although it's not a good option since the sponge is too big to draw a tail on my eyebrow. if i had more time, i will use my angled eyeliner brush to draw the tail.

color scheme from my daily quicky makeup menu
eyeshadow: on my busy day, forget the eyeshadow palette. although i have enough practice to put eyeshadow faster than before, but still it takes time to put the eyeshadow on my eyelid with that brushes. so, recently i found new love in eyeshadow stick. i'm rotating between my body shop eyeshadow stick in cyprus bronze, and my kiko eyeshadow sticks in #5 and #38. they're perfect for giving a wash of color to my eyelid and no fuss too since i can use my finger to blend the edges.

eyeliner and mascara: i rarely use them both together when i'm in a rush. usually i only put eyeliner (k palette eyeliner in brown) rather than the mascara (loreal telescopic mascara) mainly because it's easier to put on eyeliner. but i'm also trying to finish up this mascara so if i got more than 5 minutes, i will try my best to use that mascara.

lipstick: lately i've been using lip cream and liquid lipstick mainly because it's transferproof. but last month i was rearranging my makeup vanity and i realized how i have neglected my colourpop lippie stix, so i was hoping to finish at least some of them this year. i will stick to nudes color for now, so i've been using brink and frida mostly, and nyx smlc zurich mainly.

that's my makeup menu for daily use lately, usually on my hectic day. i'm trying to pan some of my products, so i'm setting up weekly makeup menu to rotate my stuff so i can finish them soon. for this week, i'm using kiko #200 as my highlight and body shop cyprus bronze as my eyeshadow, colourpop brink or nyx zurich as my lipstick. i will take pictures of my pan progression too, and hopefully i can see some progress soon. do you stick to a routine or you wake up each morning and then try to find some inspiration for your makeup each day?



0 Comments