catrice liquid camouflage - high coverage concealer


i do like makeup, especially the colored one. lipsticks.. blushes.. eyeshadows (oh well, this is new), anything that has many color option attracts me better. i don't have much luck with foundation mainly because i have no idea how to get the best match, so that's why i'm more a cushion person. that's goes the same to concealer. before this one, i only have one concealer, the la girl one. and i don't like it. many people like it, but i don't seem to get the product out without getting it anywhere. so, i'm a bit on the fence about getting another concealer. but my wet n wild highlighter stick is more like a cream that dries out my under eyes without concealing anything, and now sometimes i get pimples that makes bad scar, so i need some concealer. these days, youtube are everything, and based from what i've seen, most people like maybelline age-rewind, maybelline fit me concealer or catrice one. both maybelline has shades that i don't understand and they have higher price than catrice, so i decided to go with catrice since i could try the sample. plus it was recommended by more than one youtuber, so it's must be something.

this is the description from their website: high-coverage and ultra long-lasting. waterproof, liquid texture. optimal coverage and care at the same time. dark under-eye circles, skin irregularities and redness are a thing of the past- the liquid camouflage offers optimal coverage and care. the liquid formula is highly pigmented, waterproof and therefore particularly long-lasting. the practical flock applicator guarantees an easy application.

the packaging: it's really simple, it comes in transparent plastic tube with screw top that has the wand attached to it. i'm glad about the transparent tube since it will allow me to see the remaining product inside. and although i'm not used to the doe foot applicator, but i'm glad that finally i can find a concealer applicator that's easy to use. although for me, the applicator picks up too much product for my liking, but i can swipe it off on top of the tube or just dot it really tiny on my face.
the concealer tube
the scent: okay.. this is my first scented concealer too. and i like it. it has floral scent to it. not too fragrance but not too subtle too. i can still smell it when i first put it on my face. maybe some people will have concern about that since you might use this under your eyes, where it usually is a sensitive area, so perhaps you should keep that in mind before purchasing it.
my shade
the color: there are only 3 shades and i have the lightest one, 005 in light natural. i was hesitating a bit, afraid that it might be too light, but the second lightest one is too pink, so i decided to get the lightest one which has yellow undertone. i believe they are coming up with another two shades, but for me it's still too light.
the wand applicator
the product: the concealer is creamy, runnier than my previous la girl concealer. but it glides easily on my skin and blends easily too. i've been using it for all over concealing as well as under eye brightener (i'm too lazy to have separate eyeliner for brightening and concealing) and it works just fine.
swatch on my hand
the result: it has medium to full coverage, depends on the amount of product you put on your face. it has enough coverage for my eyes, so i usually use it to prep my eyelids too. if i'm putting too much on my undereyes, it will too bright and i will look like panda. as for conceal acne, i have to use a bit more than my undereye and sometimes put more before setting it with powder. for my under eye, i have to set it real quick or it will start creasing on me. and somehow it's better to set it with my canmake powder rather than my maybelline powder foundation. the powder foundation dries my skin even more that my under eyes will crease. but i can fix it by patting it with my finger real quick.

before
after
before - after
this concealer is raved by several youtubers, and now i see why. despite its limited shade range, this concealer works really well. it's in between creamy and watery concealer, and i like that consistency. it provides enough coverage to cover up dark under eyes as well as blemishes. i like how it stays well after setting it with powder and it doesn't clog my pores when i use it to cover redness on my face when i don't feel like using foundation. and that scent... somehow the floral scent lifts up my spirit every time i use it. and don't forget the doe foot applicator. probably it's not as big as tarte shape tape applicator, but it's a nice applicator. again, i think if you have the right shades for you, then you should try it, considering it's very affordable. as for me, i will try to finish it before considering repurchasing or trying something else.

0 Comments