liese wave defining foam


when i was in japan, i wanted to try some of their hair products. i want to get a hair mist, the one that will help me get that straight, frizz free hair when i straightened my hair with hair straightener. and i think liese styling product will help. but at that time, the shopping time was limited and since i was pregnant, i couldn't get to the store numerous time, so the moment i saw some liese hair product, i just grabbed it. i think i will figure it out later. then i went home and found out that it's their wave defining foam. i was disappointed at first because i was pregnant and i didn't think i will ever curl my hair myself since i will have to take care of another baby. but then i stumbled upon some other mom instagram and she posted tutorials video using repit (the hair curler and straightener that i have) and she said that she felt good when she felt pretty, so she encouraged other moms to give some me-time, make themselves feel pretty. and i did. and i felt better. and lately, i got haircut, and they curled my hair and it looked pretty. so i decided to give this foam another try and i like it.

this is the description from yesstyle: contains damage-repair ingredient to moisturise dry, rough permed hair for airy, soft waves with defined waveline. gives airy, bouncy curls that last all day.
instruction from kao website: apply generous amount of wave defining foam on dry or damp hair, apply evenly, massage and scrunch hair with fingers to make the curls more defined. apply foam and scrunch hair at the tip to maintain the curls.
the pump bottle

the packaging: it comes in fat pump bottle. no seal whatsoever. only stopper at the neck of the pump.

the foam
the scent: oh.. finally.. it smells fragrant and soothing. a bit on the fragrant-end spectrum, so if you have sensitive nose, this might smells too much for you.

the foam and my hair curler
the product: you only need to pump and it will foam easily. now, since i don't have curly hair naturally, i use it on my dry hair, especially on my hair ends, from middle shaft to the end. and then i will use hair curler to make it curl. then apply more and scrunch it again. it does make my hands slightly sticky afterward like using hair mousse, but it doesn't bother me. it doesn't make my hair sticky though.

this is my hair after i curled it and then styled and then going back home after about 3 hours
and it still hold after a good night sleep (although the curl is starting to get loose)
the result: it does help hold the curl longer. i know that we're not supposed to comb our hair when we have it curled, but i can't help it. i comb my hair and the curl will last about two days, although most of it will be loose, but i can see the curl.

now, i will say that it holds well even though i don't have curly hair naturally, so i imagine it will work as well for curly hairs too. and i like this better than my previous hair mousse. my previous hair mousse will make my hair and hands sticky. and then my hair will be coarse, like being sprayed by hair spray. while this foam only help holds the curl without making my hair stiff and coarse. if you like to curl your hair daily and doesn't want to use harsh product, then you should try this foam. as for availability, liese is not available here in indonesia, so i have to preorder at higher price from online shop. if you're in singapore, then i think it's sold at sasa or other drugstores. so definitely grab it when you see it if you're in japan.

0 Comments