essence lash princess volume mascara

my husband was going to the US last october and since i'm not going, i put up a wish list so he could buy things for me. and one of them was essence mascara. i was kind of bored with japan mascara, mostly because they have wet formula so everytime i open a new one, i have to wait for it to dry up a bit so i get the exact formula that i like. i've heard lots of good things about essence mascara, so i asked him to get any essence mascara, especially from the lash princess line. he could get one from europe last time, but i asked him to get another one. i was hoping he could get the green one, but he could only get the orange and the purple one. oh well.. let's just try them to see if i like one of them.

this is the description from ulta website: get the royal treatment! essence's lash princess volume mascara is presented in a fantastic evening gown design and has a unique wand applicator designed for extra control to reach every lash. the prestige inspired cobra brush is specially shaped to lift, separate, and cover each individual lash for the most majestic volume.

the packaging: actually i forgot how the original packaging is. all i know that it comes in the tube itself without any other packaging, but i forgot whether or not it has plastic sealing on the outer of the tube. nothing crazy about the packaging, but if it doesn't come in any sealing, i'm hoping they would put seal around it, otherwise how could we know that it hasn't been opened before?
the tube
the color: there are no color option, only black. and i don't have problem with it.
back of the tube
the product: it comes in a slight hourglass-shape black plastic tube with princess-y ornament on the screw cap. and it is color coded. for the volume mascara it is orange everywhere, from the ornament, to the name of the brand and the mascara type. at the back there's description and ingredients list printed on the tube. the wand is just like in the description. it has weird cobra shape which is the first one that i've tried. it's pretty big compared to my previous japan's mascara wand and the bristles is bushy and brush type which might not ideal for lower lash, especially for me since i have short and sparse lower lash. the mascara formula is thick and creamy, and the wand picks up too much product, so everytime i use this, i have to scrape almost all the product before putting it on my lash so it doesn't clump. since the bristle is big, it covers almost all my lash at once.
the bristles
the result: at first, i don't scrape enough product so it clumps instantly on me, but the next time i'm using it, i make sure that i scrape all the excess product and i managed to coat all my lashes nicely. and it lifts my lashes nicely. it also lengthens my lashes and volumizes my lashes. my upper lashes. unfortunately, it doesn't work that well for my lower lash. it lengthens but every time i try to use it on my lower lash, it smudges my under area. and it also holds the curl pretty good. it even better than my previous japan mascaras. about 4-5 hours and it still looks good, no smudging, no flaking.

left is before pictures
right is after pictures
(you can see that it curls so you can see my lashes over my eyeball and definitely lengthen my lashes too)
i have to say i'm impressed. this one is pretty good. it holds curl better than any other mascara that i've tried before. it lengthens and separates my lashes as good as my previous dejavu mascara, but it's more volumizing. the formula is not as wet as my previous heroine mascara, although this one doesn't contain fiber, but it works better than my other mascara. honestly, i don't think i could use any other mascara after trying essence. it even works better than maybelline, and here i thought that maybelline is my die-hard brand to go to for mascara. i just wish i could get essence easier here. no online shop sells it here, so i can't imagine where i could get it after i finish it. i like this for all the reasons, it's cheap, it works well. i definitely recommend you to try this. or any other color in this false princess line.

0 Comments