dhc eyelash tonic

i don't what got into my mind when i decided to buy this eyelash tonic. i don't have problem with my eyelash. for me, they are okay in length, although if i could change one thing, it would be to have more fuller and longer bottom eyelash. but i've seen people buying eyelash tonic from japan. i don't know which one to get, so i decided to get dhc one since i've seen some people talking about it. when i was in japan, there are two types, the blue and yellow pouch, and the other one is pink and blue pouch. i didn't know what is the difference between them, so i bought the yellow one which is the original. the pink one is called beauty extra.
the packaging
this is the description from their website: this nourishing eyelash conditioner strengthens lashes with botanicals including ginseng, comfrey, aloe and swertia japonica extract. helps prevent breakage so that lashes will appear fuller and enhances elasticity so that lashes become stronger and stay intact while allowing new growth. wear this colorless lash serum under mascara during the day or alone for overnight conditioning. also ideal for brittle lashes or post-extension care.
key benefits and ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf juice (strengthens and conditions), swertia japonica (helps prevent breakage), willow bark extract (strengthens and conditions), comfrey leaf extract (soothes and conditions), olive leaf extract (the leaf of the olive tree helps protect the skin against pollution and helps to fight the visible signs of aging), ginseng root extract (nourishes and strengthens).

the tube
the packaging: it comes in a plastic pouch, it has combination of blue and yellow for the original version. at the back there's description but everything is in japanese. you just rip the pouch and the tonic is inside. it's packaged just like mascara tube. it has transparent plastic body so you can see the tonic inside and it has white screw cap with the wand attached to it. the bristles is similar to eyebrow spoolie.

a bit description in japanese
the product: it looks like a thick transparent gel lotion. since it's transparent, sometimes it is difficult to see that i've coated all my lashes, but i can see my lashes get wet, so there's something on my lashes for sure. i've once poked my eyes accidentally and the tonic stings a bit.

the spoolie
the result: i've used this for almost 3 months both on my upper and lower lashes every night. for my upper lashes, at first i didn't notice anything. but then i read another review. some people said that it makes their lashes stronger and using mascara is easier after using this tonic regularly. then i realize that i never see my lashes fall since i use this tonic. usually when i rub my eyes there's some fallen eyelash. but after using this tonic, i never see any fallen eyelash. my mascara wears better too. somehow it curls easier and it stays that way for 4 hours even though i didn't curl my lashes beforehand. then i started to look closer for my bottom eyelashes. i notice that there's a bit new eyelash growing, but it's not super lengthening either.

my right eyelash
top: before
bottom: after 3 months
my left eye
left: before
right: after 3 months
all i can say that you need to use this tonic regularly, everyday if you want to see some changes. the changes is slow too, but you need to be patient. it does work. though it's not super lengthening and super volumizing like other eyelash tonic, let me remind you that this one is really affordable, so i'm quite happy with the result. i hope i can see more growth on my bottom eyelash. in the picture, it's not clearly seen, but up close, i can see my lower lashes is growing a bit. definitely a steal.

0 Comments