the skinfood vitawater drop cc cream

yeyy.. some of my samples order finally arrived. actually i wanted my samples from testerkorea.com to arrive sooner, but it's not gonna happen. i still have to wait another month or so. most of the samples that arrived yesterday were bb and cc creams, and the first that i was curious to try was the skinfood vitawater cc cream.

the skinfood vitawater cc cream come in two different designs, but no different formula. the green one is smiley water and the white one is shy water, though i've read in some blogs that one of them was for reducing redness. but most of the bloggers said it had no different. soo.. since the seller that i got it from didn't specified which i will get, so i didn't care, and i found out i got the green one. well, the green one is cuter. hehehe..

cc cream is claimed to be makeup and skincare in a bottle. in fact, there are 5 claims for this product: improvement of skin tone (or color control, therefore cc cream), whitening, anti-wrinkle, SPF 35++ PA, and moisturizing. most of the cc creams are either white or color changing, but this one looks like an ordinary bb cream or foundation. it was beige and slightly runnier than my max factor foundation. when i apply it on my face, it was pretty watery and moist, it's not absorbed that quickly compared to my bb cream. slightly after applying it, my face is glowy and white! i know this vitawater has whitening purpose, but i don't want it to look obvious like that. and though it is nice to see the final look is dewy on my hand, i don't like how it looks on my face. i prefer put a little powder to set it. obviously, if i wanted to make it work, i had to use darker powder than the translucent one. even though some said that it will oxidised, but it still look white on my already pale skin. even my husband notice that.

the color: it leaves white cast on me. too pale. i wonder why they make a shade that will not work for most asian?

the coverage: it is very sheer. my problems are dark circle undereye, a bit redness and some spot under the corner of my right eye, and the cc creams only help to even my skintone. the rest of problems are still there. and it's not buildable, or you will look like wearing a mask.

the finish: it has dewy finish. though i like that it makes my skin glow, but i like matte finish better.

the smell: i can't describe the smell well. inside the sachet, it smells like a herbal medicine, but when i swatched it on my hand, the herbal scent dissapears. some said it changed into citrus scent. but on my face i smell nothing.

the oil control: well, it doesn't make my face greasier, but it doesn't help much either. so it was average oil control. i wear it for 4 hours and my nose get shinier like usual.

overall, i wouldn't purchase the actual size product since the shade didn't suit me. too bad for the white cast. probably if you have great skin and just want an even skintone, probably this product is suitable for you. but for me, probably i'll skip cc and just stay with bb instead.
left: the sample that i received
right: product on my hand

left: immediately after application
right: a few minutes after, you can see it's blended completely on my hand

left: my bare face - with dark circles, redness and some dark spots
middle: right half with cc cream, and left without
right: full face with cc cream, you can see my face looks white instantly, and unnatural

0 Comments