catrice 24H made to stay makeup in 005 ivory beige

i like my wet n wild foundation, and after trying that one, i suddenly want to explore more foundation. however, i realize that choosing the shade might be tricky. so i decided to get something that's already available. i pick catrice. i heard lots of people like their foundation. both this one and the other one that comes in a dropper. unfortunately, some people reported that the one with the dropper oxidize badly. so i decided to get this one instead of the dropper one. i do hope that the shade will match me, but swatching at the store, i could see that even the lightest shade is a bit darker than me. oh well, let's see.

this is the description from their website: waterproof complexion. the 24-hour durability has been confirmed by an external institution. this high performance liquid makeup is action-proof and is enriched with an antioxidant complex. in addition to smooth coverage with a matt effect, the waterproof, velvety-light texture feels wonderfully pleasant on the skin. the formula creates a flawless complexion without leaving behind a mask-like effect. vegan.
the foundation bottle
the description at the back
the packaging: it comes in a glass bottle with pump on top and transparent plastic cap to cover the pump. there's description at the back but since it's sold in indonesia, there's another label that covers the original description with a new description in indonesian. there's another label for the shade number and name on top of the plastic cap. the pump works okay to squirt as much foundation as i needed.

label at the top of the cap
the pump head
the color: i pick 005 the lightest shade. i thought it has yellow undertone, but now i think it's more like neutral undertone. at first, it looks like it matches me, but after putting all my makeup and several hours later, i can see that it oxidizes a bit and become darker, so using the transformer is my safe bet. but sometimes i think the undertone is a little bit off for me.

the swatch on my arm
the product: the foundation is slightly thicker than wet n wild but still creamy. since it's thick, somehow using brush is slightly harder. the brush leaves streak and it doesn't look good. obviously sponge will be a good way to apply this foundation but it will not have the same coverage as using brush. this foundation dries up quickly so work quickly or just work in small areas.

left: before
middle: half-half (i put the foundation on my left side of my face)
right: full face with foundation
jaw check
left: before - middle: swatch on my jaw - right: after blending it in
it's freshly applied and it looks okay for me
the result: for me, it gives medium coverage. since this one dries up so fast, i don't like adding more because it will look cakey. i think if you build this up, it could be full coverage. this gives matte finish, and it is really matte. if you have dry skin, you should really prep your skin and moisturizes it well because this might be too dry for you. as for me, if i'm using my usual skincare, i will be okay. but if i just put toner and primer, this will crack on me in no time. i usually has crease under my eyes since i don't use eye cream in the morning. no matter how many times i smooth my under eyes, it will still creases on me. but, this one stays decently even on hot days. it only vanishes from the area that i'm touching mostly. like around my nose and my chin.

left: before
right: full face with foundation 
i hope you can see.. this is what happen to dry skin with this foundation
left: there's separation on my cheek, there's still redness
middle: another crack around my nose
right: crack under my eyebrow
i have to say this is another decent foundation. it gives matte finish, medium coverage and stays well for about 4-5 hours even on hot days. it is also affordable. but it could be too dry for normal to dry skin. and the shade range isn't that great either. as for me, i think i want to try the other foundation with dropper and not repurchase this. i think if you have oily skin and live in hot and humid weather and you can get your correct shade, i think it's a decent foundation to try especially if you're on tight budget. but if you have other option, i don't think this is a must buy.

0 Comments