ogx hydrate + defrizz kukui oil anti-frizz hydrating oil

i was concern about my hair after my daughter was born. after a couple of months, my hair started to fall out. since i have pretty thick hair, i didn't think much about it but i was starting to get concern. then after a few months, my hair condition was back to normal so i forgot again about it. then i was pregnant with my third one and i was worried that i might experienced the same bad hair loss again. i was searching for hair treatment but i didn't experience bad hair loss so somewhere along the way i forgot again. then i colored my hair again and left it just as always, only to find my hair starts to show some damaged sign. i have dry ends and then a bit of split ends. that's when i knew i had to take care of my hair again. so i searched for hair treatment and hair oil. i have no luck with japanese hair treatment so i decided to stroll around my supermarket and i came across this ogx hair oil. it's the only hair oil available there so i decided to give it a try.

this is the description from ulta's website: indulge your tresses with this exotic blend of kukui nut oil, an ancient hawaiian secret used for its humidity resistant abilities, creating a shimmering gloss to smooth and repel humidity, to help make every day a "good hair" day.

the packaging: it comes in a transparent plastic bottle with spray pump on top. there's a clear plastic cap to cover the spray head. at front you can see the description on the sticker label. there's ingredients list at the back too. i've been using this for a few weeks so i completely forgot whether or not it had seal on it.
the bottle
the scent: let me tell you, it smells nice. i can't specify what kind of scent it is thanks to my lousy nose, but it smells nice and not too overpowering.
back of the bottle (somehow they have to put another label on top of the original label)
the product: i'm actually surprised knowing that this oil comes in a spray bottle. my previous hair oil comes in a bottle with opening and my last loreal oil comes in a pump bottle, not spray. but somehow this oil is a very runny oil. once i spray it on my hand and it feels like my retinol oil, quite runny and spread easily but takes awhile to be absorbed. since i have oily scalp, i only use this midway of my hair and focusing more on my dry ends.

the spray head
the result: it's supposed to be used on damp hair, but sometimes i get distracted and when i finally remember, my hair is almost dry. so i've been using on damp and almost-dry hair and both works okay. after i spray generously to my hair, it appears greasy but i usually comb it and then leave it to dry. and when my hair is completely dried, there's no greasiness, unlike the famous hair oil from japan that give me greasy hair when being used on almost-dry hair. after using this a few weeks, i started to notice that my hair is getting better. i don't see split ends anymore and my ends are not as dry as before. i usually have flying hair all over my head since i have wavy and frizzy hair, but somehow this oil tame my hair. i don't experience hair flying all over my head anymore.
trying to capture the mist but it's very fine so that's the oil on my son's hand
honestly, i like this hair oil. it smells nice, it's a lightweight oil that doesn't weigh my hair down and it works well. i notice improvement on my hair condition after using this hair oil regularly. unfortunately, this is imported products here. so i can't get it easily. if the supermarket had it, i will definitely repurchase. but i won't preorder it from online shop since the price is higher than in US. but if you can get this oil easily and in reasonable price, then get it and try it especially if you have hair problems like mine.

0 Comments